My Coaching Approach
I combine my nonprofit work and life experiences with my years of coaching experience and learning from other coaches to get the best out of my clients. I work with my clients to identify actionable strategies they can use to achieve their identified goals. Since my clients are at a point where self-discovery can be mind-boggling, I put each of them and their situation at the centre by using the following:-
- Tough love
- Gain and develop clarity for their chosen path
- Enhance their self-esteem and confidence
- Embrace and learn from challenges
- Improve their relationship with family, peers and others
- Increase individuality and team work
- Balancing learning, talents and personal growth
The coaching relationship includes 2-4 scheduled hours a month and voice mail/e-mail support between coaching sessions. Most coaching sessions occur via the phone.
My clients — even those locally — have found coaching via the phone can be more effective than in-person coaching for a variety of reasons. It can be:
- Easier not to be distracted by our physical actions or surroundings
- More efficient with the session beginning right away without extended social graces we might feel the need to practice in-person
- Less inhibiting, and therefore easier to create trust and safety
- Simpler to schedule sessions without commuting
I will schedule coaching sessions in-person if requested and as possible.
I welcome your questions via the phone or by e-mail. I also can schedule a free coaching session so you may discuss coaching and my approach and “sample” my coaching style.